The Merion Advantage
Merion is a partnership of wealth management firms that provides “best of breed” solutions that enable financial advisors to maximize growth and profitability through the achievement of higher levels of customer service and satisfaction.
Merion’s solutions and strategic partnerships provide financial advisors with unmatched access to:
|Improved Profitability||Resources that allow advisors to focus on revenue generation and client service instead of burdensome administrative activities. Merion’s economies of scale result in lower operating expenses.|
|Comprehensive Wealth Management||Breadth and depth of expertise allows advisors to provide a broader spectrum of customized services. Advanced integration of financial planning, asset management, risk management, trusts and estate planning, and private banking.|
|Management Expertise / Merion Network||Merion’s management team and the broader Merion network offers a wealth of experience otherwise unavailable to small, independent advisory practices.|
|Capital Resources||Growth capital and management expertise to expand regionally. Associated resources to identify and execute transactions.|
|Succession / Preservation of Legacy||Sustainable equity value creation, succession and business planning through advisor ownership. Scale of the collective organization allows advisor-owners to benefit from large company valuations.|
Merion’s business model has been built from the ground up around several core philosophies
Enabling financial advisors to focus on core competencies to serve their clients better
- Advisor ownership model aligns client and advisor interests
- Focus on the value of independence
- Greater value creation through the power of the network
Focus on eliminating inherent restrictions to growth
- Comprehensive wealth management solutions under one roof
- Leverage and scale to minimize administrative and compliance functions
- Access to capital, regional launch program, recruiting and marketing support
- Fully integrated technology platform promotes efficiencies
Best of Breed Approach
Enhance strategic partnerships structured to provide maximum benefit to the advisor
- Customizable investment and risk management solutions
- Advanced, integrated technology solutions
- Constantly evaluating new investment partners and technology solutions
Merion allows advisors to access the six pillars of wealth management through one comprehensive platform
- Access to hundreds of comprehensive fully vetted investment products
- Institutional level investment services and objective investment commentary
- Merion Financial Services provides customized risk management solutions through strategic partnership with Ash Brokerage
- Wealth diversification, business transition planning, life insurance underwriting
- Sophisticated planning capability through partner firms
- Sharing of best practices through Merion network
- Merion Financial Services is a leader in design, implementation, and administration of charitable remainder trusts and family foundations
Trust and Estate Services
- Strategic partnership with Sterling Trustees
- Expertise in income tax law, asset protection, and private family trusts
- Preferred Relationship
- Family Office Capabilities
The Process of Building and Maintaining Wealth
- Understand a client’s goals and risk
- Analyze the macroeconomic environment to provide rational expectations on future economic conditions
- Build a sound foundation by matching investment products to the economic environment.
- Identify “relative value”—what is over valued and what is under valued in the marketplace
The disunion of value and price is the critical component in the long-term success of a portfolio. Investments portfolios are strengthened when they are diversified using multiple asset classes and multiple strategies. Risk/Reward analysis is the enemy of unintended consequences while discipline is the guardian of success.
Our implementation strategies reflect a deep understanding of the products we utilize. We understand how securities are built, priced and distributed. We recognize the overriding importance of capital allocation. Our experienced professionals have been in the portfolio construction business for decades.
Merion recognizes that the main difference between wealth accumulation and wealth preservation is time. Changing demographics (aging of the baby boomers) is causing advisors to focus on the wealth preservation needs of their clients. Merion’s partnership with Ash Brokerage is designed to fill this client need while broadening the breadth and scope of an advisor business.
- The Ash Brokerage team understands the importance of relationships. They know that the advisors’ livelihood, reputation and success are on the line every day. Their team puts you the advisor in a position of strength and competence whether you are in front of your best client, a referral or a key center of influence.
- Ash’s relationship with insurance companies they represent are different than most. They choose to be a partner of the insurance company – not just a distributor of their products. They boast the highest placement ratios in the industry, thus making them a more profitable source of business. This business philosophy supports the advisor community by producing better underwriting decisions and prompt service.
- Ash Brokerage is the one of the largest independently owned brokerage agencies employing over 300 industry professionals in 18 locations throughout the United States.
- Ash Brokerage’s “Practice Enhancement” efforts will take your advisory business to the next level by implementing their consultant approaches to product solutions, concept evaluation, underwriting negotiation and business development programs.